A vacancy has arisen for an Assistant Clerk to serve this highly active Parish Council near Great Dunmow in Essex. The responsibilities of the position will include:
- Preparation of agendas, detailed reports and associated documents in preparation for meetings
- Attendance at Council and Committee meetings, production of Minutes and implementation of recommendations and resolutions
- Dealing with enquiries and issues raised by the public by telephone, e-mail, letter and face to face
- Deputising for the Clerk as required, including the day-to-day running of the office
- Accurate record keeping and administration
- Ad hoc administrative and project-based duties
- Maintenance of public information sources (notice boards and website)
- Organising the local Speedwatch Group
- Attendance at training courses on the work and role of the Council as required
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Administrative and IT skills (particularly Word and Excel)
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- A flexible approach to hours of work and day to day duties and responsibilities
- They hold a CILCA qualification or would be prepared to undertake training to this level
- Experience of Local Government, or similar, environment (this would be an advantage but is not essential)
- Full driving licence valid in the UK
The role is for 10 hours a week initially and will be based in the Parish Council Office at the URC Hall in Felsted. Some home working is expected as is attendance at a minimum of 2 evening meetings per month. Salary will be based on the National Scale according to experience.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please complete the Job Application and GDPR Forms and return them with a covering letter to the Parish Clerk at the address below. Additional guidance notes can be downloaded here.
Closing date Tuesday 16 October 2018. Interviews are likely to take place during the last week of October 2018.
This is an interesting and varied role and a great opportunity to get involved in the local community.
Parish Clerk, URC Hall, Stebbing Road, Felsted, Great Dunmow, Essex CM6 3JD
Telephone: 01371 823071