The Council consists of 11 Councillors, all of whom are unpaid. Councillors are required to act in accordance with a Code of Conduct and publicly to declare any interests they may have.
Felsted Parish Council aims to act as a focus of community life by:
- Making representations to the District and County Councils on Planning and Highways matters. Planning policy, development management and compliance are major topics for Councillors.
- Giving grants towards certain organisations and activities within the Parish in order to promote community life.
- Owning / maintaining four playing fields around the village. The Council owns the Playing Field behind the Memorial Hall in the centre of the village. This has a floodlit Multi Use Games Area (MUGA), football pitches and a well equipped children’s play area with various types of equipment suitable for all ages (this is managed by the Playing Field Committee). The Council also owns the Playing Fields in Evelyn Road, Willows Green and Bannister Green both of which also have a selection of children’s play equipment. The Council rents the Playing Field in Ravens Crescent from Uttlesford District Council and maintains it as a grassed open space.
- Providing and maintaining Public Toilets in the Memorial Hall Playing Field.
- Maintaining the allotments off Station Road. These allotments are available to residents of the parish and are managed by the Allotment Society.
- Maintaining the Bury Chase Car Park in the centre of the village.
- Appointing representatives on local bodies.
- Taking a variety of other initiatives where it seems to be in the best interests of the local community.